How to Register
Who can register?
Anyone who is living permanently within our Practice Boundary (as outlined below) and is entitled to NHS care. Further information can be obtained from our reception team.
What identification documents do I need to register?
1. Proof of identity (passport, driving licence, birth certificate etc.)
2. Proof of address (utility bill, official letter confirming address)
3. Proof of UK residency if applicable.
How do I register?
1. Complete a Patient Questionnaire (one is enclosed in the pack – please ask for further copies) for every member of the family who wishes to register.
2. If you do not have a medical card for every member of the family complete a purple GMS1 form (once enclosed – please ask for further copies) for each individual without a medical card.
3. If you wish to opt out of Summary Care Record (SCR), please request an opt-out form from reception. You can find more information about SCR on our website: http://www.eskdaillmedical.co.uk/medicalrecords.html
4. Return to reception with all documents and completed forms and ask to register between 9 am and 5 pm Monday to Friday or 9 am – 10:30 am on a Saturday.
5. If you would like a registration health check, the receptionist will make an appointment for you after registration. It will be undertaken by a member of the Practice Nurse Team and will include a check of your blood pressure, weight, height and urine. You will be asked to provide relevant information about your health background.
6. You will be allocated a named GP but can see any doctor in the practice. If you wish to know who your named GP is, please check with reception after you have been registered.
Please note we cannot offer you an appointment with a doctor or nurse until you are registered.
Please read through our Patient Information Booklet for further information
If you need additional help with any aspect of the registration process, please do not hesitate to ask one of our reception team.
Medical cards are no longer issued by the Health Authority.
We will only register patients who are entitled to NHS care and who are currently resident within our practice area (please see Practice Boundary details in General Information). Further details may be obtained from any of our reception team.
Do let us know if you are a military veteran. You may benefit from priority treatment.