Location: Prospect House, Kettering
Responsible To: Practice Manager
Hours: 18:00-20:30 Mon - Fri
Salary: Minimum Wage
We are looking for a competent cleaner to join our team in Prospect House. We will offer a permanent post in a supportive and friendly environment to the right candidate (subject to a successful probation period).
In return we ask that you bring our clinical and non-clinical areas to the highest cleanliness standards as expected of a medical centre.
Please complete the application form at the bottom of the page (paper copies available from reception) and return to Natalia Dudonis at Eskdaill Medical by Friday 28th February.
To provide a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Premises
- Empty non-clinical, waste bins in all rooms/areas.
- Mop floors and damp wipe surfaces, including desk, worktop and couch in clinical rooms.
- Vacuum carpets in consulting rooms, corridor, main entrance and waiting areas.
- Pick up any litter and vacuum chairs in waiting area.
- Clean and mop toilets and baby change room.
- Replenish consumables if required i.e. toilet rolls, hand towels and soap.
- Mop floor, damp wipe surface and clean sink in kitchen.
- Damp wipe and hoover reception office.
- Complete cleaning audit tick sheets.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Lock and alarm building as required
- Attendance of mandatory training as required (usually on 2-3 Wednesday afternoons per year with notice)
Health & Safety & Fire Safety:
- The post-holder will promote and maintain their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the Practice Health & Safety Policy.
- The post holder will adhere to the Prospect House Fire Strategy.
Equality and Diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues.
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights
The post-holder will participate in training implemented by the Practice, to include:
- Participation in an annual appraisals
- Maintaining a record of own development
- Attending mandatory training sessions (out of normal work hours, notice will be given)
- Demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work
The post-holder will:
- Communicate effectively with other team members.
- Recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers.