Location: Prospect House, Kettering
Responsible To: Practice Manger
Hours: 18:00-20:30 Mon - Fri
Salary: Minimum Wage
Application form: scroll to the bottom of the page or collect from reception. Complete and return to Eskdaill Medical by Friday 19th July.
To provide a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Premises
Empty non-clinical, waste bins in all rooms/areas.
- Mop floors and damp wipe surfaces, including desk, worktop and couch in clinical rooms.
- Vacuum carpets in consulting rooms, corridor, main entrance and waiting areas.
- Pick up any litter and vacuum chairs in waiting area.
- Clean and mop toilets and baby change room.
- Replenish consumables if required i.e. toilet rolls, hand towels and soap.
- Mop floor, damp wipe surface and clean sink in kitchen.
- Damp wipe and hoover reception office.
- Complete cleaning audit tick sheets.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Lock and alarm building as required
- Attendance of mandatory training as required (usually on 2-3 Wednesday afternoons per year with notice)
Health & Safety & Fire Safety:
- The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the Practice Health & Safety Policy.
- The post holder will adhere to the Prospect House Fire Strategy.
Equality and Diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues.
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development.
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
The post-holder should recognise the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members.
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers.
- Recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.