Applications to be made via:
Safeguarding Admin Lead
Closing date is 05 July 2020
Job Title: Safeguarding Admin Lead
Responsible to: Clinical Safeguarding Leads / Deputy Practice Manager
Accountable to: Practice Manager
Salary: £12.50ph (FTE £24,116)
Hours: 37 hours per week (Negotiable), 5 days Mon-Fri
Location: Eskdaill Medical & Linden Medical Centre (other venues as appropriate)
Main duties of the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a committed and enthusiastic individual to work as a Safeguarding Admin Lead across two sites: Eskdaill Medical and Linden Medical Centre.
This varied and demanding role requires first class interpersonal and organisational skills as you will work closely with internal and external stakeholders. You will be dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information on a daily basis and demonstrate the highest level of integrity.
The practices safeguard the vulnerable by effectively managing any matters raised. You will provide administrative support, maintain databases and communicate timely and accurately whilst adhering to protocols. The post holder will deliver a high quality service as an integral part of the safeguarding team.
We are looking for an experienced administrator with excellent communication skills, preferably with a health or social care background.
Eskdaill Medical aim to provide a high standard of medical care in a friendly and professional manner. A caring practice that looks after our patients whilst balancing the needs of our patients and staff. A successful organisation, that learns, evolves, reflects and embraces change and where staff are happy at work.
The vision of Linden Medical Group is to provide quality patient care through strong leadership and a progressive and supportive culture where staff enjoy coming to work. Learning is at the heart of what we do and embeds our quality provision.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our practices for a Safeguarding Admin Lead. This post will be based within Eskdaill Medical at Prospect House and also at the Linden Medical Centre in Kettering.
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic individual to provide Safeguarding support across the practices; this is a varied and demanding role requiring the successful applicant to possess first class interpersonal and organisational skills. You will be dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information on a day to day basis; the successful applicant will demonstrate the highest level of integrity. The post holder will work closely with clinicians, other support staff within practice and with external agencies.
The practices adopt a zero-tolerance approach to abuse, taking appropriate actions for safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk of harm or abuse, ensuring that there are robust procedures in place for the effective management of any safeguarding matters raised. This interesting and varied role will provide administrative support and co-ordination ensuring compliance with relevant protocols, including the maintenance of databases and timely communication of accurate information. The post holder will be an essential and integral part of the safeguarding team working closely with all members of staff to ensure that a high quality service is delivered.
We are looking for an experienced administrator, preferably with a health or social care background; you will possess excellent communication and organisational skills. You will be someone comfortable with responsibility and able to appropriately prioritise and to work on your own initiative whilst supporting a team. The role requires a working knowledge in Microsoft office packages, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, and electronic patient record systems. Appropriate training will be given to the right applicant.
Enhanced DBS check will be sought for the successful candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities
To provide safeguarding support across the practices; working closely with clinicians, practice support staff and external agencies. This is a varied and demanding role requiring the successful applicant to possess first class interpersonal and organisational skills. You will be dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information on a day to day basis; the successful applicant will demonstrate the highest level of integrity.
In addition, the post-holder will also provide administrative support as required, in line with the needs of the practice.
The main areas of responsibility:
1) Manage safeguarding meetings;
- arrange mutually convenient dates
- create agenda
- prepare paperwork
- minute meetings
- record outcomes on clinical system
- complete any actions as appropriate
2) Monitor and action Child Protection Reports;
- review emails for new safeguarding conferences
- keep a register/diary of all families on child protection plans and dates of the review conferences, maintain registers of Looked after children and child in need
- create child protection reports using the GP report template in a timely manner for review by the registered GP. GP reports should be ready to send to the conference service 2 days before the conference. GP reports to be sent via email only
- review child protection plans post conference, diarise next conference date and check plan for any health actions. Record in SystmOne and follow up any GP actions as appropriate or liaise with registered GP
3) Diary management;
- review and keep updated diary of caseload to ensure cases get brought back to safeguarding at the appropriate time
4) Social worker telephone calls;
- to be the main point of contact for social workers for child protection
- to carry out welfare checks when required
- to assist and liaise with social workers for ongoing cases as appropriate
5) Monitor adult and child safeguarding reports through the clinical system
6) Undertake administrative tasks relating to the monitoring of implementation of safeguarding policy and procedures
7) Coordinate contact with parents or guardians of children who DNA appointments
8) Coordinating and maintaining a record of training
9) Collate feedback from safeguarding training and audits
10) Maintain a list of Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) notifications received for external referrals, monitor and record outcomes
11) Liaise with 0-19 service when needed on a daily basis to gather information
12) Maintain a list of Domestic Violence (DV) notifications, adult safeguarding concerns and notifications
13) Attend quarterly safeguarding forums as required, either in person or through video conferencing
1) Action incoming emails and tasks in a timely manner
2) Input data into the patients healthcare records as necessary
3) Maintain a clean, tidy, effective working area at all times
4) Other roles as required to maintain accurate patient information
5) Liaise with all members of staff, GPs and outside organisations
You will be required to undertake a wide range of administrative duties to support the clinical provision within the Practices. Other ad-hoc duties as appropriate to the post and as required ensuring the smooth running of the Practices.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.