Kettering Hub - GP Extended Access
Evening and Weekend appointments are now available at the new Kettering Hub
To book please contact us on 01536 526526 to request an appointment.
16.00 - 20.00 Monday to Friday
08.30 - 12.30 Saturday
13.00 - 17.00 Sunday Video Consultations
08.30 - 12.30 Bank Holidays
All appointments will be located at Weavers Medical – Prospect House.
For more information please visit the hub website
HOW DO I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT?
Please call Eskdaill Medical on 01536526526 and ask the receptionist to book you a GP HUB APPOINTMENT at Prospect House. The service may also be offered to you proactively if you are calling for a regular GP or nurse appointment.
· Only patients who have an appointment will be seen.
· This is NOT a walk-in service.
· On-line appointment booking will not available.
Please ensure your contact details are up-to date with your practice so that you can take advantage of this service.
HOW DO I CANCEL A GP HUB APPOINTMENT?
If you no longer need your hub appointment please call Eskdaill Medical on 01536526526 before 6pm to cancel your appointment.
It is important to cancel any unwanted appointments so that they can be made available to others.
WILL I SEE MY OWN GP?
The GP Hub will be staffed by GPs and Practice Nurses from local practices. If you would prefer to see your usual GP or Practice Nurse, please book an appointment with your own surgery during their normal opening hours.
WHO CAN USE THE GP HUB APPOINTMENTS?
If you are registered with a GP practice within Kettering you will be able to book appointments at the hub via your GP practice. These appointments will be of particular help to patients:
· Who finds it difficult to attend an appointment during the working day
· Who are working parents with children
· Who are reliant on working carers to take them to appointments
Please note: The community GP Hub appointments are for routine general practice issues and not urgent care. If urgent care is required please call the NHS 111 service for advice.
WILL MY MEDICAL RECORDS BE AVAILABLE?
To provide the safest and highest quality of care your full clinical record will be available to the GP Hub clinicians. However, you will be asked by the Clinician to give consent before they access GP medical record. Notes of your consultation will be sent back to your own GP electronically to ensure that your records at your registered GP practice are kept up to date.
CAN THE GP HUB ORDER BLOOD TEST AND OTHER INVESTIGATIONS?
The GP Hub clinicians will only be able to view your previous test results, but will not be able to order new ones unless it is particularly urgent. If the Clinician feels you need an investigation, they will make a recommendation to your usual GP practice.
CAN I BE REFERRED INTO ANOTHER SERVICE?
Routine referrals will not be made directly from the GP Hub. If a routine referral is required, the Clinician will write to your GP practice requesting that they review the referral request.
WHERE WILL I GET MY PRESCRIPTION?
A number of pharmacies operate extended opening hours within Kettering and you will be advised which ones are open when you are issued with a prescription.
See a GP online over secure video, from home or work - on your smartphone, tablet or pc. As part of our commitment to improving access for our patients we’re using Q doctor to enable video consultations with GPs. This means for certain conditions* you can see a GP from home or work, without having to come to the surgery. Simply call Eskdaill Medical on 01536526526 to get your unique code then book your video consultation online. See the leaflet below for more information.
* Suitable for people with clinically straightforward conditions (who don’t require a formal examination). For example: Acne, Anxiety, Athlete’s foot, Blepharitis, Colds, Conjunctivitis, Contraception (Emergency), Dry skin, Eczema, Fever, Fungal infection, Hayfever, Headache, House dust allergy, Indigestion, Influenza, Itchy eyes, Lifestyle advice, Low mood/Depression, Medical advice, Medication review, Muscle sprains/strains, Nail infections, Pink eye, Private referral letters, Sinusitis, Sleep hygiene, Smoking cessation, Sore throat, Stress, Stye, Superficial skin complaints, Urine infections, Warts/verrucae, Weight loss.