23/03/2020 If you're at high risk, you will be contacted by the NHS by Sunday 29 March 2020. Do not contact your GP or healthcare team at this stage – wait to be contacted.
19/03/2020 Due to staff shortages we are having to cancel all blood test and cervical screening appointments. Please go to www.eskdaillmedical.co.uk/services/investigations for alternative venues for blood tests or contact us after coronavirus pandemic has been called off.
Due to the current situation, please DO NOT come into the surgery. If you need us, please telephone instead between 08:00 - 18:30. If you have a pre-booked appointment, reception will contact you. Anyone with a fever or a new persistent cough should self-isolate for 7 days. Please follow the latest government advice for self-isolation and social distancing: CLICK HERE
More information is on www.111.nhs.uk/covid-19. We are doing the best we can to protect our patients and our staff and we appreciate your understanding in these challenging times.
Germs can live on some surfaces for hours. To protect yourself and others:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze.
- Bin the tissue, and to kill the germs, wash your hands with soap and water, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- If you have arrived back from an affected area within the last 14 days and develop symptoms of cough or fever or shortness of breath, you should immediately:
- Stay indoors and avoid contact with other people as you would with the flu
- Visit NHS 111 online service to get individual advice on further course of action
This is the best way to slow the spread of almost any germs, including Coronavirus.
More information, including a list of the affected areas is available by going onto gov.uk/coronavirus